Fun DIY projects that will inspire young makers to explore, create, and share!
This entertaining guide contains dozens of start-to-finish projects that enable you to host an engaging maker camp―the kids won’t even know they’re learning! Written by an experienced teacher and dedicated hobbyist, The Big Book of Maker Camp Projects clearly explains the awesome activities that will make your camp epic. Wearables, electronics, arts and crafts, cosplay, and other favorite topics are fully covered.
With expert advice on how to create your own unique program, you will discover how to host the coolest camp on the block and inspire young hobbyists to hone their skills and gain confidence. Whether working with an established
- Camp t-shirts using
tie – dye, spray paint, bleach, dirt, and Spin Art
- Color-changing jewelry that teaches the basics of wearable technology
- Light up and glow stick sunglasses that go further with wearables!
- Cosplay outfits, masks, capes, swords, and more
- Games that teach upcycling and hacking, including Lego-based labyrinths
- Photos and videos that show campers green screen techniques
- PVC pipe marshmallow shooting games and resin action figures
- Faux campfires that glow using LEDs and CPX boards
- Fireflies and moths that light up using origami and LEDs
- Light-up, flying insects that reinforce electronics and origami skills
The Big Book of Maker Camp Projects is available TODAY! You can get a copy at Amazon and at Barnes & Noble. Looking for an independent book store. We highly recommend Book & Puppet Co. Children’s Bookstore in Easton, PA. Or visit one of these fantastic events to pick up a signed copy!
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education TAB; 1 edition (September 13, 2019)
Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 0.9 x 8.3 inches